Travel Insurance covers risks during travel such as loss of passport and personal belonging cover, loss of checked in baggage etc. Having these risks covered ensures an additional layer of protection against financial loss. There are two main types of travel insurance: trip protection plans and travel medical plans. Policies include.
1) Domestic Travel Insurance: Within INDIA (also available for foreign tourists)
2) International Travel Insurance: For any vacations or trips abroad
3) Individual Travel Insurance: If travelling alone
4) Student Travel Insurance: If going abroad for further studies
5) Senior Citizen Travel Insurance: For aged citizens, between 60 to 70 years
6) Family Travel Insurance: For family vacations